Wellness, The New Professional Priority Series
Presented by Puget Sound Association of Legal Administrators (PSALA)
Nearly two-thirds of legal professionals experience anxiety, depression, or substance problems according to ALM’s latest Mental Health and Substance Abuse Survey.
The last year has heaped ever more stress on us and many of us have hit the wall balancing the unrelenting demands of work and family, navigating the uncertainty of work from home and pandemic restrictions, processing the current political climate, responding to important social issues, and coping with isolation, loneliness, and the remaining dark winter months ahead. It can all feel simply overwhelming.
You are not alone.
We recognize and share in the stress that surrounds us. In times like these, it is important to focus on what we can change and influence. Embracing mental wellness as a priority is a critical first step.
We are here to help…
Puget Sound Association of Legal Administrators (PSALA) presents Wellness, The New Professional Priority, a mental wellness series for legal professionals. Started in December 2020, this six-month series focus on providing an accessible learning and discussion forum, support resources, and actionable strategies that all of us can utilize to address the myriad of challenges we face. We feel strongly that access to these resources and support is critical not only for PSALA members, but also for the law firms we represent and in our greater legal community. And so…
All series learning events and resources are open to our members and their firms. Please share these opportunities with your firm leadership, attorneys and staff. All events are free of charge to register and attend. Programs are a la carte – you may choose the sessions that best support your needs and the needs of your firm.
Wellness, The Professional Priority will provide two opportunities each month focused on a range of speakers and topics:
- Monthly self-care workshops
- Parenting and family care
- Substance abuse and addiction
- Loneliness, and more
Upcoming Series Events
Previous Session Recordings & Resources
Session recordings are available to registrants. Please contact Melissa@aminc.org for recording passwords:
- Chaos Management and Resiliency Series Oct 2020
- Wellness Series – Self Awareness with Darien Fleming January
- Dealing with Substance Abuse and Addiction with David Bruce Jan 21, 2021
- PSALA – Wellness Series: Self-Care during COVID (Part III) with Darien 2/4
Series Speaker Works & Session References
- Daisy Dowling HBR links
- Darien Fleming book/website references
- David Bruce Resource Links
- Resources on Identification
- Solutions and Support – How can we help (can we help at all)?
- From WSBA
- “Self-help” – meetings (even during COVID)
- Treatment alternatives – MAT: buprenorphine & naltrexone
- Resources on Solutions and Support
- Jarrett Green articles/links